If you are just starting out with einkorn flour, try these pancakes. This is an easy way to introduce yourself to the nice flavor of einkorn wheat. The pancakes are flavorful, golden in color and have more protein that regular pancakes.
- 1 ½ cups jovial All-Purpose Einkorn Flour (measured unsifted)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp. butter
- Pre-heat griddle to medium temperature.
- Sift all dry ingredients into a large glass bowl.
- Using the whip attachment on mixer - whip eggs and milk until frothy.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Pour egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together until the consistency of a thick milk shake.
- Make sure not to over mix or your pancakes will be tough.
- Pour melted butter into the batter and cut in using a spatula.
- Lightly oil the griddle. The griddle is the right temperature when it begins to glisten.
- Using a ¼ cup measure per pancake: Suggested Serving Size: 4