One of our favorite recipes for the summer because this dish is great warm or cold. An abundance of broccoli and herbs provides a nice boost of vitamins and antioxidants.
Lemon Broccoli & Herbed Chicken with Penne
- 5 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- 1½ pounds broccoli florets
- 16-ounces boneless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- fine sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- One 12-ounce box of your favorite jovial Penne Rigate (Gluten Free or Einkorn)
- In large serving bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and chives.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add salt to taste and cook broccoli for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and toss in serving bowl with the olive oil mixture.
- Season chicken with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, rosemary, sage, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add the chicken and brown well on both sides until cooked through.
- Slice the chicken in strips and add to the broccoli.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with sauce in serving bowl.
- Serve immediately.