Don’t be afraid to bake your favorite cookies with Whole Grain Einkorn flour or freshly ground flour from jovial’s Einkorn Wheat Berries, especially if you like a softer cookie. The added fiber of the whole grain will keep the cookies moist and the naturally sweet and delicious flavor of einkorn will delight your taste buds.
Whole Grain Einkorn Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 8 tablespoons (115 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (150 g) brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) baking soda
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup (75 g) chocolate chips
- 2 ½ cups (240 g) Whole Grain Einkorn Flour or 1¼ cups (250g) jovial Einkorn Wheat Berries, ground into flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter, sugar, salt and baking soda well.
- Add egg and vanilla to creamed mixture; mix until emulsified.
- Gently mix in chocolate chips until well combined.
- Add flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10min, rotating the tray halfway through.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.