Whole Grain Einkorn Pumpkin Bread
- 1 cup (230 g) pumpkin puree, room temperature
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- ¾ cup (175 g) sugar
- ½ cup (120 g) jovial Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for oiling the pan
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon (1 g) ground ginger
- 2½ cups (240 g) Whole Grain Einkorn flour or 1 ½ cups (250 g) jovial Einkorn Wheat Berries, ground into flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (2 g) sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil and flour an 8.5” x 4.5” inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand blender or in a standing mixer with the wire whip, beat the pumpkin puree until very smooth. Add eggs and continue to beat until creamy and thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and beat for 1 minute.
- Add ½ cup of olive oil, cinnamon and ginger, beat for 1 minute more.
- If using Einkorn Wheat Berries grind them in a grain mill, Vitamix or high-powered blender to a fine flour.
- Combine Whole Grain Einkorn flour or freshly ground Einkorn Wheat Berries with baking soda and sea salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet slowly, combining with a spatula until just incorporated. Do not overwork the batter.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool.
Slice and serve. This is delicious with a salty spread, like salted butter, goat or ricotta cheese. This bread will stay moist for 3-4 days. It can also be frozen in an airtight plastic bag and defrosted at room temperature.