Plant-Based Creamy Chickpea & Roasted Broccoli Spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ medium onion or 2 small shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- Pinch of oregano
- Pinch of thyme
- One 13-ounce jar jovial chickpeas
- ½ cup vegetable broth or pasta cooking water
- One 12-ounce box jovial spaghetti of choice
- Roast the broccoli: Toss broccoli with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Spread the broccoli on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 400ºF, until they begin to brown.
- Make the chickpea cream sauce: In a large skillet, cook 2 tablespoons of oil, onions, garlic, and spices on medium-low heat for 5 minutes until the onions soften.
- Add the chickpeas and all of the liquid from the jar to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed and the onions just begin to brown.
- Transfer the chickpea mixture and broth or pasta cooking water to the bowl of a food processor or blender, and pulse until thick and creamy. Add the sauce back to the skillet.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Add the pasta to the skillet, cook for 1 minute, stirring until coated with the sauce.
- Top with the roasted broccoli and serve.