Mediterranean Baked Beans
- 2 tablespoons Jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground savory
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- One 18 oz. jar of jovial diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Three 13 oz. jars of jovial cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz. Manchego cheese, finely shredded
- 4 oz. Fontina cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- In a large skillet, sauté the oil, onion, garlic, 1 tablespoon of parsley, marjoram, oregano, savory, and thyme on medium-low heat for 3 minutes, until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beans and half of the cheeses.
- Transfer the beans to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and top with the remaining cheeses. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of parsley on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the cheese browns lightly.
- Let the dish cool for 10 minutes before serving.