Gluten Free Homemade Hamburger Helper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon jovial extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 1 lb ground beef, 90% fat
- 1 cup jovial crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz. box of jovial gluten free elbows or farfalle
- 1½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- In a large skillet, cook butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon of parsley, pepper, and thyme on medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Add the beef and cook until the meet has mostly changed color. Add the tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, slowly bring milk, water, and the remaining teaspoon of salt to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 9 minutes. Transfer all of the pasta and cooking liquid to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the cheeses and cook for 1 minute more. Let stand for 5 minutes, then garnish with the remaining teaspoon of parsley. Serve from the skillet.