Gluten Free Farfalle with Butternut Squash and Sausage
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add sausage, cook over medium heat, breaking up the sausage with a spoon, until browned and cooked through. Using a slotted spoon transfer sausage to a bowl.
- Add butter, onion, garlic and butternut squash to the pan. Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes then add wine. Allow wine to evaporate, then add salt and thyme.
- Cover the skillet and let cook on medium low heat, stirring frequently for 10-15 minutes until the squash is soft, brown and caramelized. If it gets too dry and begins to burn add a few tablespoons of water.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt (or amount desired).
- Add farfalle and boil for 9 minutes. While the pasta is cooking, you can add some pasta cooking water to the skillet to keep the sauce moist.
- Drain pasta, add to the skillet and stir fry for 30 seconds until the pasta has absorbed the sauce.
- Toss in reserved sausage and stir to combine.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano cheese