If you enjoy a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs, try making the meatballs wheat free. In fact, many authentic Italian recipes use mashed potatoes instead of bread.
Spaghetti and Wheat Free Meatballs
- 12 oz. jovial whole grain einkorn spaghetti
- 1 small onion, minced
- 18 oz. jovial crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. jovial extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup potatoes, boiled
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare tomato sauce by simmering 2 tbsp. of oil, half of the onion and tomatoes with salt to taste for 20 minutes.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Form 20-24 meatballs.
- Bake meatballs on ungreased baking sheet for 14 minutes at 350°F, flipping each meatball with a spatula after 7 minutes.
- Add meatballs to the tomato sauce & simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package.
- Serve pasta with sauce, topped with meatballs and grated cheese.