We think pasta salad works just fine for this weather, especially when you are getting a balanced meal of whole grains, seasonal vegetables and good protein.
Fusilli Nicoise Pasta Salad
- 12 oz. jovial brown rice fusilli
- ½ lb. green beans
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of black olives
- 6 oz. tuna fish, drained
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. jovial extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of fresh tarragon, minced
- 1 tbsp. of fresh parsley, minced
- In large serving bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, parsley and tarragon with salt to taste.
- Mix in tuna and olives and set aside.
- Bring 4 quarts of water to a rolling boil with salt to taste. Add green beans and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove green beans with slotted spoon but do not drain the water. Chop green beans and toss with other ingredients in serving bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package directions in the green bean cooking water.
- Drain in a colander and briefly rinse the pasta with cold water to cool.
- Toss pasta in the serving bowl, add red onions & eggs. Mix well before serving.