Asian Chicken Soup with Gluten Free Egg Tagliatelle
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 small carrot, peeled
- One 3-inch piece of celery
- One 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 12 cups water
- 4 jovial Brown Rice Tagliatelle nests
- ½ medium Napa cabbage, cored, halved lengthwise, and cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce (optional)
- ½ cup cilantro, loosely packed and chopped
- 4 scallions, trimmed and chopped
- In a large stockpot, add chicken, onion, garlic, parsley, carrot, celery, ginger, vinegar, salt, turmeric, and water. Bring to a boil on high heat, and then reduced the heat to low. Skim the foam from the top and simmer covered for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the stockpot and set aside. Strain the soup through a colander into a medium saucepan, discarding the vegetables. Clean the chicken from the bone, discarding the skin, and add it to the pot.
- Bring the broth to a boil. Add the tagliatelle to the pot, squeezing the nests in your hands to break them up into large pieces. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and soy sauce. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes more, until the noodles are al dente.
- In a small bowl, mix together the miso and Sriracha. Add a ladle of chicken broth and stir until creamy. Add mixture back to the soup.
- Toss in cilantro and scallions. Let sit for 5 minutes, then serve.