One-Pot Penne Pomodoro Mac & Three Cheeses
Now here’s a recipe we’re excited to share with you: One-Pot Penne Tomato Mac & Three Cheeses! Comforting and really delicious, this dish is essentially a simple Italian-style tomato sauce and mac n’ cheese combined into one. Each bite of this pasta is so smooth and creamy—you’ll love the flavors of gouda, mascarpone, and Pecorino Romano cheeses combined with jovial’s jarred Organic Crushed Tomatoes. Best of all, you can make it all in one saucepan, so you’ll have the kitchen cleaned up in a snap.
One-Pot Penne Tomato Mac & Three Cheeses
- 2 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon jovial flour of choice (einkorn or gluten free)
- One 18-ounce jar jovial Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3¼ cups water
- One 12 oz. box jovial penne of choice (einkorn or gluten free)
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ cup gouda cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan, cook oil, onions, and oregano for 2 minutes on low heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and salt. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water and pasta and stir until it begins to boil. Adjust the heat to keep a slow steady boil.
- Cook the pasta, uncovered, according to package instruction, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and gently stir in the cheeses until the sauce becomes creamy.
- Let the pasta sit for 2 minutes and serve.