One-Pot Penne Tomato Mac & Three Cheeses
- 2 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon jovial flour of choice (einkorn or gluten free)
- One 18-ounce jar jovial Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3¼ cups water
- One 12-ounce box jovial penne of choice (einkorn or gluten free)
- ¼ cup mascarpone cheese
- ⅓ cup gouda cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- In a large saucepan, cook oil, onions, and oregano for 2 minutes on low heat. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and salt. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water and pasta and stir until it begins to boil. Adjust the heat to keep a slow steady boil.
- Cook the pasta, uncovered, according to package instruction, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and gently stir in the cheeses until the sauce becomes creamy.
- Let the pasta sit for 2 minutes and serve.