Homemade Herbed Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- ¾ cup jovial organic extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of boiling water
- 1 tablespoon minced herbs, we like chives, mint, basil and parsley
- Add ¼ cup olive oil, eggs, lemon or vinegar, and salt to the bowl of a food processor.
- If you have speeds, turn the processor on the slower speed and let the machine run for 30 seconds.
- With the machine running, drizzle the oil through the feeder very slowly. Once you have added all of the oil, which should take about 1 minute, add the water. Let the machine run for 1 minute more until the mixture has emulsified.
- Transfer the mayonnaise to a bowl and stir in the fresh herbs.
- Store in a sealed glass container for up to three days.
Note: This mayonnaise is not as thick as the commercial version, but we like it better for salads and dressing.