Einkorn Farro Soup
- 3 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 3 tablespoons jovial Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 small potatoes, cut in small dices
- small sprig of rosemary
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup jovial Einkorn Wheat Berries
- 1 jar of jovial Borlotti Beans or jovial Cannellini Beans
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- In a medium saucepan, cook 2 tablespoons of oil, onion, carrot, celery, tomatoes, potatoes, rosemary and salt to taste on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the rosemary, add the water and let the soup come to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to maintain a low boil, then add the wheat berries. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Turn off the heat, let the soup cool for 15 minutes. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of oil and cheese, then serve.
- Once cooled, store in an air-tight container for up to 3 days and reheat in a saucepan on low heat, adding a bit of water if it becomes too thick in the refrigerator.
You may soak the einkorn overnight before making the soup by covering them by placing them in a bowl and covering them with 2-inches of water. However, if you forget to soak your wheat berries, you can still make this soup and it will be delicious.