Makes 12 muffins
Einkorn Corn Muffins
- 1 cup (120 g) jovial All- Purpose Einkorn Flour or 1¼ cups (120 g) jovial Whole Grain Einkorn Flour or 1⅓ cups (112 g) jovial Sprouted Einkorn Flour
- 1 cup (125 g) fine corn flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¾ cup (180 g) buttermilk
- ¼ cup (50 g) jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease the muffin tin.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, oil and maple syrup.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a wire whip, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed for 3 minutes until thick and pale yellow. Using a spatula, fold in half the flour mixture. When it is almost completely absorbed, fold in half the buttermilk mixture. Repeat with the remaining flour and buttermilk mixtures until all the flour is absorbed. Allow the batter rest for 4 minutes.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the cups. Bake for 15 minutes until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- The muffins can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.