- One 13-ounce jar jovial chickpeas
- One 18-ounce jar jovial whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- ½ large red bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups Swiss chard, leaves stripped from the stems and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Drain the chickpeas over a medium bowl to catch the cooking liquid.
- Pour the tomatoes into a large deep bowl, using your hands or a fork, crush the tomatoes. Set aside.
- In a deep 10-inch skillet sauté the onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic over medium heat until softened.
- Add the drained chickpeas, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and 3 tablespoons of the reserved cooking liquid, reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the swiss chard and cook for 3 minutes until the swiss chard wilts and the stew thickens.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the parsley and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.