Einkorn Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 ¾ cups (330g) jovial all-purpose einkorn flour
- 3 tbsp. (20g) ground flaxseed
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp (135g) natural cane sugar
- 2 tsp. (10g) baking soda
- 1 tsp. (4g) sea salt
- 2 tsp. (5g) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. (1g) ground ginger
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup (120g) coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- ½ cup (115g) orange juice
- 2 tsp. (10g) pure vanilla extract
- 2 large carrots (240g), peeled and grated (about 1 cup)
- 1 large, firm apple (260g), peeled, cored, and grated (1 ¼ cup)
- ½ cup (30g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup (60g) chopped walnuts
- ½ cup (65g) raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 16-standard size muffin cups or fill with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the einkorn flour, ground flaxseed, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, orange juice and vanilla extract. Add the carrots, apple, coconut, walnuts and raisins and stir until combined.
- Fold the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir well.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for about 22-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Cool for ten minutes inside the muffin tin. Enjoy warm or room temperature. Cover and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Makes: 12 muffins