Whole Grain Gluten Free Waffles
- 2 cups (240 g) jovial No. 4 Gluten Free Whole Grain Pastry Flour (now called jovial Whole Grain Gluten Free Pastry Flour)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (240 g) milk
- 1 cup (230 g) yogurt
- 6 tablespoons (84 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, separated
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Preheat oven to 300°F degrees. Place a baking sheet in the oven.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, yogurt, butter, and egg yolks.
- Whisk the flour mixture to the wet ingredients until smooth.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a wire whisk attachment, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form, about 3 minutes. Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter until just mixed.
- For large Belgian waffles, spread 1 cup of the batter nearly to the edges of the waffle iron. For regular waffles, use ½ cup of batter.
- Bake using a medium-high setting for approximately 4 minutes, or until the waffles are deeply golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, or keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
- This recipe can also be made with jovial No. 3 Gluten Free Pastry Flour (now called jovial Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Pastry Flour).