Vegan Eggplant-Mushroom Bolognese
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- ½ medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- One 18-ounce jar jovial Crushed Tomatoes
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- Pinch of dry oregano
- Pinch of dry thyme
- Pinch of dry basil
- Pinch of black pepper
- One 12-ounce box jovial penne of choice (einkorn or gluten free)
- Add the eggplant, mushrooms, onion, and garlic to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to a coarse chop.
- In a large skillet, add the oil, parsley, and vegetables. Cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, oregano, thyme, basil, and pepper. Cook covered, on medium heat, for 20 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve.