In Italy, tomato sauce is quick and easy because Italian tomatoes are naturally sweet and delicious and do not need to be cooked very long for great flavor. You can make your own tomato sauce with jovial’s new organic tomatoes packed in glass in a snap, while avoiding BPA.
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. jovial extra virgin olive oil
- 5 fresh basil leaves or dry herbs like oregano, basil and thyme
- 18 oz. jar of jovial organic diced tomatoes
- Sauté olive oil, garlic, onion in a medium skillet on medium-low heat for two minutes being careful not to brown the garlic.
- Add tomatoes of your choice, crushed, whole peeled or diced and simmer covered for 20 minutes with salt to taste.
- If whole peeled are your preference, break the tomatoes in smaller chunks as you cook with a wooden spoon while they simmer.
- Turn off the heat and stir in fresh basil leaves or 1 1/2 tsp. of dry herbs.