Tomato-Braised Yellow Wax Beans
- In a large skillet, bring 5 cups of water to a boil. Add the beans and blanch for 5 minutes. Drain the beans and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the oil, onion, and carrot on medium-low heat for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and salt.
- Gently stir in the beans and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the water to skillet.
- Lower the heat and cook until the beans are soft, about 20 minutes. The cooking time will depend on how fresh your beans are.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes, then serve. This dish is also really delicious cold.