This is an amazing recipe that is both quick and good. And you can feel good about incorporating spinach into your meal.
Brown Rice Tagliatelle with Spinach and Cream Sauce
Ingredients9 oz. jovial brown rice tagliatelle 6 oz. fresh baby spinach 1 clove of garlic, minced 2 tbsp. jovial olive oil 2 tbsp. butter 1 cup milk, hot 1 tbsp. white rice flour ½ cup of grated cheddar cheese ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese salt and black pepper to taste
- Place spinach in a large skillet. Spread olive oil, garlic and salt to taste on top and cook on medium covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain excess water by pressing the spinach in a colander, and then add
- to a large serving bowl, separating the spinach leaves with a fork.
- Wipe skillet clean and melt butter on medium heat. Whisk in flour and
- continue to cook, stirring for a minute until the mixture has a golden color.
- Slowly add hot milk, whisking continuously until smooth. Turn heat to medium-low and simmer until the cream sauce has thickened - about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in grated cheeses, then add to serving bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, toss with creamy spinach sauce and serve with black pepper if desired.