Sprouted Einkorn Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups plus 2 tablespoons (400 g) buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2½ cups (210 g) jovial Sprouted Einkorn Flour, plus 1 tablespoon for dusting the blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat a skillet or cast-iron griddle to low heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and butter.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the 2½ cups of sprouted flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, whisking until the batter is smooth.
- Combine the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour in the bowl that you used for the flour until evenly coated.
- Use a spatula to gently fold the blueberries in the pancake batter.
- Lightly grease the pan or griddle with butter.
- Scoop up 1/3 cup of pancake batter and pour onto the griddle. Cook for 3 minutes, until the top of the pancake begins to firm and the bottom is deeply golden brown.
- Flip the pancakes and cook for 2 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Recipe Note: If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, you can substitute with refit 1:1 or use 1 cup of yogurt and ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons of milk.