Add olives, capers, oregano and basil to a quickly prepared tomato sauce and you’ve made yourself the classic Puttanesca sauce. Serve it over our brown rice spaghetti and you’ll never know you are eating gluten free.
Spaghetti & Basil Puttanesca
- 12 oz. jovial brown rice spaghetti
- 18 oz. jovial diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 tbsp. jovial extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. capers, chopped
- ½ cup olives
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- 1 cup basil, chopped
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Prepare tomato sauce by sautéing 2 tbsp. olive oil, onion and tomatoes with salt to taste for 20 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk 2 tbsp. of olive oil, capers, olives, oregano, parsley & basil together, then add to sauce but do not cook.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve pasta with puttanesca sauce and, if you like, crushed red pepper.