Makes 12 rolls
Soft & Chewy Gluten Free Parmigiano Dinner Rolls
- 1½ cups (354 g) warm milk, at 100°F
- 1½ teaspoons active dry yeast
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3½ cups (420 g) jovial No. 2 Whole Grain Gluten free Bread Flour or jovial No. 1 Gluten Free Bread Flour
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 6 tablespoons (90 g) unsalted melted butter, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup (100 g) grated Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, yeast, and sugar until dissolved and creamy. Let stand for 10 minutes until bubbly.
- Whisk in the eggs until thoroughly combined.
- Add the flour and salt on top. Mix in the bowl with a stiff spatula until the dough comes together.
- Add the butter to the dough and continue to mix with a spatula until completely absorbed.
- Add cheese and mix the dough until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl to form a ball.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. You can also use a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, but if you do, we would recommend rolling the dough in 15 pieces so they don’t bake up flat.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface. Divide the dough into 12 pieces. Dust your hands with flour and roll each piece into a ball by pressing and rolling the dough with the palm of your hand. The dough will be wet, but keep the added flour to a minimum. Place the balls of dough into the pan, arranging them in 4 rows of 3 rolls. If using a 9 x 13-inch baking pan, arrange the rolls in 5 rows of 3 rolls.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Brush the top of the rolls with melted butter and bake for 20 minutes until they are lightly brown on top.
- Let the rolls cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the rolls on a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Gently separate the rolls and serve warm or cooled.
- Store in a sealed plastic bag for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to a month. Thaw at room temperature.