Yields 12 muffins
Savory Zucchini, Ham & Cheese Muffins-Gluten Free
- 2 cups (240 g) jovial multi-purpose gluten free pastry flour or jovial gluten free whole grain pastry flour
- ½ cup (80 g) grated Pecorino Romano Cheese
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Pinch oregano
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (120 g) whole milk
- 4 tablespoons (56 g) melted butter
- ¼ cup (50 g) jovial extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1 cup (100 g) zucchini (1 small), grated
- ¾ cup (120 g) diced ham
- 1 cup (110 g) diced firm cheese, such as Havarti, Gouda, Provolone or Cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, Pecorino, baking powder, baking soda, salt, black pepper, and oregano.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, oil, wine, and honey. Mix in zucchini.
- Fold the flour into the egg mixture until all ingredients are incorporated and you have a thick batter.
- Fold in the ham and cheese.
- Divide the dough evenly into the muffin tins.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Store at room temperature for up to 2 days.