This is like having a simple caprese salad with garden ripened tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil with pasta. We’ve added capers and oregano and a little garlic for some extra flavor. The quality of the olive oil used here will be the key to your recipe, so make sure you use jovial’s organic extra virgin olive, made from three ancient varieties of olives.
Penne with Tomato and Mozzarella Caprese
- 12 oz. jovial whole grain einkorn penne rigate
- 1 lb. tomatoes, chopped
- 4 oz. fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 tbsp. jovial extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. capers, rinsed
- ½ tbsp. dry oregano
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, oregano and coarsely chopped capers.
- Add tomatoes with salt to taste and let marinate for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine pasta with tomatoes and oil and let stand for 3 minutes.
- Cut mozzarella in cubes and toss with pasta.
- Serve garnished with torn fresh basil leaves.