Penne with Sausage and Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound of sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- ½ small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- One 18-ounce jar jovial Crushed Tomatoes
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- One 12-ounce box jovial penne of choice (einkorn or gluten free)
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for serving
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the sausage, cook over medium heat, breaking up the sausage with a spoon, until browned and cooked through.
- Add the onion and wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, parsley, and salt. Simmer, uncovered, on low heat for 20 minutes. Stir frequently as the sauce thickens.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.