Our brown rice pasta not only tastes great but it holds it firmness when baked. Try this simple baked pasta dish that is sure to please the whole family.
Penne al Forno Pasta Casserole
- 12 oz. jovial brown rice penne
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. jovial extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. parsley, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¾ cup grated cheese
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
- 18 oz. jovial crushed tomatoes
- In a large skillet, simmer garlic, onion, olive oil and tomatoes with salt to taste for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg and whisk with ricotta and grated cheese. Add parsley and salt to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, but drain at 7 minutes.
- Toss with sauce and cheese mixture. Add to 9 x 13 in. baking dish.
- Top with grated mozzarella.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.