Makes one loaf
Honey-Sweetened Einkorn Fruit Cake
- 8 tablespoons (113 g) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the pan
- ½ cup (120 g) buttermilk, kefir, yogurt or milk
- ½ cup (170 g) honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 2 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups (240 g) jovial All-Purpose Einkorn Flour or 2½ cups (240 g) jovial Whole Grain Einkorn Flour or 2¾ cups (230 g) jovial Sprouted Einkorn Flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ cup (80 g) raisins
- ½ cup (70 g) dried currants
- ½ cup (60 g) dried cherries
- ½ cup (60 g) dried cranberries
- ½ cup (60 g) dried prunes, coarsely chopped
- Zest of 1 small orange
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, buttermilk (kefir, yogurt or milk), honey, eggs, rum, and olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture into the buttermilk mixture until the flour is completely absorbed.
- Fold in the raisins, currants, cherries, cranberries, prunes, and orange zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the bread for 50 to 55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then unmold the loaf and let cool on a rack fro 30 minutes before serving.