Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Cupcakes:
- 1½ cups (180 g) No. 3 Gluten Free Pastry Flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (113 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup (80 g) milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces (225 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons (90 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (120 g) powdered sugar
For the Cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Fill a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the eggs on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar, increase the speed to high, and beat for 3 minutes until the egg mixture is thick.
- Detach the bowl from the mixer and fold in half of the flour mixture, then half of the butter mixture. Repeat with the remaining flour and butter mixtures until completely used.
- Fill the cups evenly with the batter.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes until the cupcakes are lightly golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the cupcakes from the pan and cool on a rack until completely cooled, about 1 hour.
For the Frosting:
- Add the cream cheese to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add the butter and beat for 1 to 2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Sift the sugar and add it to the bowl. Beat for 1 minute more. You can cover the frosting tightly and refrigerate it for up to 2 days ahead. Let soften to room temperature before using.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with your desired pastry tip. Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes.