Gluten Free Sourdough Focaccia
IngredientsGluten Free Sourdough Focaccia Ingredients
- 1 batch gluten free sourdough levain (click here for recipe)
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 cups (472 g) warm water at 100°F
- 4 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for topping the focaccia
- 3 cups (360 g) jovial No. 1 Gluten Free Bread Flour (now called jovial Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Bread Flour)
- ¾ cup (96 g) arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) psyllium husk powder
- Coarse sea salt for dusting
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary
- In a large bowl, whisk together the levain, egg whites, water, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the flour and arrowroot to the liquid mixture. Sprinkle the fine sea salt and psyllium on top. Mix the dough together with a spatula to form a very soft, smooth dough. Work the dough by squeezing it through your hands for about 1 minute.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Generously grease a 13 x 18-inch rimmed sheet pan.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil to a small bowl.
- Using a bowl scraper, transfer the dough to the center of the prepared pan. (The dough will be very wet and soft.) Dip your fingers in the oil and press and form the dough into an 11 x 13-inch rectangle.
- Using your fingers, make even rows of indentations in the dough. Pour remaining oil and about one more tablespoon over the top of the focaccia. Lightly sprinkle with coarse salt and top with rosemary leaves.
- Cover the focaccia with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bake the focaccia for 25 to 28 minutes until the edges are golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer the focaccia to a wire rack and let it cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Best served warm, within a few hours out of the oven. Store at room temperature, reheat in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.