Makes 6 sandwiches
Gluten Free Sloppy Joes on Homemade Buns
- 2 tablespoons jovial Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- Pound of ground beef
- 1 tablespoon rice flour
- ½ cup of water or bone broth
- One 18.3 ounce jar jovial Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 6 Gluten Free Hamburger Buns, split, toasted and buttered
- In a large skillet, sauté oil, onion, green pepper, celery, carrot and garlic for 2 minutes on medium-low heat, stirring frequently. Season with black pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beef and cook for 5 minutes until the meat has mostly turned color, breaking up into small pieces with a spoon.
- Sprinkle flour over the meat and stir to combine. Add the water or broth and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes, brown sugar, thyme, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Spoon onto buns and serve immediately.