Makes 22 rolls
Gluten Free Seeded Rolls with Yeast
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1½ cups (354 g) warm water, at 100°F
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ cup (112 g) sunflower oil, plus more for greasing
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3 large eggs
- 4½ cups (540 g) jovial No. 1 Gluten Free Bread Flour (now called jovial Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Bread Flour)
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- In a medium bowl, soak the seeds with 2 cups of water for two hours. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the water and yeast and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the oil, molasses, and eggs.
- Add the flour and sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, and salt on top. Mix until well combined. Stir in the seeds until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise 45 minutes.
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease 2 sheet pans.
- Scoop ¼ cups of dough on the pan, (we used a #16 scoop), spacing the rolls 2 inches apart. With a small offset spatula, smooth and shape into 2-inch rolls.
- Cover the rolls with greased plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake the rolls for 18 to 20 minutes or until they begin to brown on top. Rotate the pans from upper to lower and back to front halfway through the baking time.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm or cooled.
- The rolls can be stored in a sealed plastic bag for up to 2 days.