Makes 36 cookies
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
IngredientsMakes 36 cookies Ingredients
- 1⅓ cups (160 g) jovial No. 3 Gluten Free Pastry Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons (113 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup (105 g) packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (226 g) unsalted creamy natural peanut butter
- 36 pieces of chocolate kisses or pieces of white, milk or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter a cookie sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and the sugars for 2 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Add the egg and beat on medium-low speed for 1 minute. Add the peanut butter and beat on medium-low speed for 1 minute.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the flour mixture until it is completely absorbed. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll 1 tablespoon (20 g) of dough into a ball and place 2 inches apart on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press a piece of chocolate in the center of each cookie. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.