This recipe can also be made with jovial’s einkorn flour
Gluten Free Sour Cream Coffee Cake
IngredientsIngredients for Streusel:
- ½ cup (60 g) No. 4 Jovial Gluten Free Whole Grain Pastry Flour
- ¼ cup (55 g) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons (56 g) cold unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 3 cups (360 g) No. 4 jovial Gluten Free Whole Grain Pastry Flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (170 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups (360 g) sour cream
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Butter and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Make the Streusel: In a medium bowl mix together the flour, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Cut the butter into the flour mixture with a pastry blender until the butter is completely incorporated to a medium crumble. Refrigerate while you prepare the cake.
- Make the Cake: In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Reduce mixing speed to medium and add the eggs one at a time. Mix in the vanilla and sour cream. Fold in the flour mixture and until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon half the batter into the bottom of prepared pan and spread out with the back of the spoon. Sprinkle with half streusel mixture. Spoon the rest of the batter into the pan, spread it out, and top with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 30 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.