Makes 28 cookies
Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Coconut Macadamia Cookies
- 1⅓ cups (160 g) jovial No. 3 Gluten Free Pastry Flour (now called jovial Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Pastry Flour) or jovial No. 4 Whole Grain Gluten Free Pastry Flour (now called jovial Whole Grain Gluten Free Pastry Flour)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (96 g) certified gluten free rolled oats
- 3 tablespoon hot water
- 10 tablespoons (140 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup (105 g) packed brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (67 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup (85 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup (80 g) seedless raisins
- ½ cup (40 g) shredded coconut
- ¼ cup (30 g) macadamia nuts, chopped fine
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats and water. Stir in the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and egg. Add the flour mixture to the bowl, using a rubber spatula, mix until the flour is completely absorbed.
- Add the raisins, coconut, chocolate chips, and nuts, and mix until well distributed throughout the dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll 2 tablespoon (30 g) scoops of cookie dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet, leaving 2-inches around each cookie.
- Bake the cookies in batches for 15 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.