Looking to make Tiramisù? Try out our recipe for Gluten Free Tiramisù here.
Gluten Free Ladyfingers
- 1¼ cup (150 g) jovial No. 3 Gluten Free Pastry Flour (now called jovial Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Pastry Flour)
- ⅓ cup (53 g) white rice flour
- 3 large eggs, separated
- ¾ cup (150 g) sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for dusting
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the flours together in a medium bowl.
- In a standing mixer fitted with a wire whip, beat the egg whites, ¾ cup (150 g) sugar and cream of tartar on medium-high speed for 9 to 10 minutes until glossy and stiff.
- In a small bowl, beat the yolks with a fork. Fold the yolks into the whites.
- Gently fold in the flour mixture until the flour is no longer visible.
- Fit a pastry bag with a 1-inch round pastry tip. (If you do not have a pastry tip you can snip off the end to create a 1-inch opening.)
- Transfer the batter to the pastry bag.
- Pipe 3-inch strips on the cookie sheets, spaced a ½-inch apart. Lightly dust the ladyfingers with the remaining 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar and then with the powdered sugar.
- Bake the ladyfingers, one sheet at a time, for 16 to 17 minutes until lightly golden around the edges. Let cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.