Gluten Free Fried Crispy Zucchini
- In a medium bowl, toss zucchini with sea salt.
- Arrange three paper towels on your work surface. Spread the zucchini out on the paper. Cover with more paper towels. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Press the top towel over the zucchini to dry them. If your zucchini are very fresh, they will lose more water and you may need to change the paper if they become completely wet.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep frying pan and heat to 375ºF.
- Clean and dry the bowl. Add the flour. Toss ½ cup of zucchini in the flour at a time and coat well. Lift up the zucchini, allowing excess flour to drop back into the bowl.
- Fry the zucchini for 3 to 5 minutes, until light golden and crisp. Lift up the zucchini with a slotted spoon, and place on clean paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Transfer the zucchini to a serving platter. The zucchini will stay warm and crisp without heating if you are only frying two medium zucchini. If you are making a larger batch, keep the cooked zucchini warm in the oven, preheat to 325ºF.
Note: These fried zucchini matchsticks are delicious with a spicy tomato sauce for dipping, which you can prepare at the same time. Simmer jovial crushed tomatoes, olive oil, minced onion, dried oregano, crushed red pepper, and fresh basil for 15 minutes.