Gluten Free Farfalle Marinara with Meatballs
For the Sauce:
- 3 tbsp. jovial Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jar of jovial Organic Diced Tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon of fine sea salt, plus more for salting the pasta cooking water
- 5 fresh basil leaves or 1 ½ teaspoons of dried herbs such as oregano, basil and thyme
For the Meatballs:
- 1 cup of potatoes, peeled, diced and boiled
- 1 pound of ground beef
- ½ of a medium onion, minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 box of jovial Brown Rice Farfalle
- Make the sauce: In a medium skillet sauté the oil, onion and garlic on medium-low heat for two minutes being careful not to brown the garlic.
- Stir in tomatoes and salt. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in fresh basil leaves or dried herbs.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Make the meatballs: Pass the potatoes through a potato ricer or food mill with a middle-holed disc, or use the tines of a fork to mash the potatoes in a large mixing bowl. Add ground beef, onion, egg, parsley, ricotta cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and salt to the bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Form mixture into 24 meatballs and place them on an ungreased, rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, turning each meatball over with a spatula after 10 minutes.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and simmer for five more minutes.
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a boil, add 1 tablespoon of salt (or amount desired), add Farfalle to water and cook for 8 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, add to skillet and mix for 30 seconds until pasta has absorbed the sauce.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.