Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1¾ cups (210 g) jovial No. 03 Gluten Free Pastry Flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Use a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars for 2 minutes, scraping the sides as you go. Add the egg and vanilla, beat on medium-low for 1-2 minutes until combined. Add flour mixture and beat on medium-low speed until the flour is incorporated. Add chocolate chips and continue beating until evenly mixed. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll half of the dough into 7 balls and place on the baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Refrigerate the remaining dough.
- Bake for 14 minutes until edges are golden and the center is soft but cooked through. Repeat with the second batch.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack until they have firmed up.
- This recipe can be substituted with No. 4 Gluten Free Whole Grain Pastry Flour.