Gluten Free Cannelloni
- 1 jar jovial crushed tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. jovial extra virgin olive
- ¼ medium onion, minced finely
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- ½ tsp. of dried oregano
- 6 oz. baby spinach, cooked and chopped finely
- 16 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (2oz.) grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup (2oz.) grated mozzarella cheese
- 9 oz. box of jovial brown rice lasagna
- Prepare a simple tomato sauce by simmering olive oil, onion, basil, oregano and jovial tomatoes in a medium saucepan with salt to taste for 20 minutes.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil with salt to taste in a large skillet. Cook two lasagna noodles at a time for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and spread out on a clean kitchen towel. Proceed with cooking two noodles at a time until you have finished the box.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, spinach, Parmigiano or Pecorino and ½ tsp. sea salt.
- Cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with half of the tomato sauce.
- Spread 2 tbsp. of the ricotta filling over three quarters of the lasagna noodle.
- Roll the noodle, then place in the baking dish with the end on the bottom. Continue with all of the noodles, making three rows of cannelloni.
- Ladle the rest of the tomato sauce over the cannelloni and top with grated mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375ºF for 35 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.