Makes 12 pancakes
Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups (360 g) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus more for frying the pancakes
- 1¾ cups (210 g) No. 3 jovial Gluten Free Pastry Flour (now called jovial Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Pastry Flour) or No.4 jovial Gluten Free Whole Grain Pastry Flour (now called jovial Whole Grain Gluten Free Pastry Flour)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pure maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and butter.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the flour mixture to the liquid mixture. Whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Heat a skillet to medium-low heat and grease lightly with butter. Scoop up ⅓ cup of batter at a time and pour onto the griddle. Cook for 2 minutes until the edges are dry and bubbles start to form. Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate, then cover and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.