Gluten Free Butter Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups (240 g) jovial No. 3 Gluten Free Pastry Flour (now called jovial Multi-Purpose Gluten Free Pastry Flour or jovial No. 4 Gluten Free Whole Grain Pastry Flour (now called jovial Whole Grain Pastry Flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 8 tablespoons (113 g) cold unsalted butter, cut into ¼-inch cubes, plus more for baking
- ¾ cup (180 g) cold whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
- Work in the butter with your fingers or a pastry blender until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and maple syrup. Add to the flour mixture and using a fork, mix until the flour is just absorbed.
- Drop twelve 2 tablespoon mounds of dough onto a buttered baking sheet, spacing them 2 inches apart. Place a dab of butter on the top of each biscuit.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the edges are golden brown. Let cool slightly before removing from the baking sheet. Serve warm or at room temperature.