This recipe can also be made with jovial’s einkorn flour
Gluten Free Walnut Snowball Cookies
- 1⅓ cups (170 g) No. 3 Gluten Free Pastry Flour
- 1 cup (117 g) walnuts, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons (83 g) butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (26 g) coconut oil, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (50 g) sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (60 g) powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone matt.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, walnuts, salt, and nutmeg.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and sugar for 2 minutes, stopping a few times to scrape down the sides.
- Add the egg and beat for one minute until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat on low to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a 1-inch ball. Place the balls 1½ inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes until lightly golden brown on the bottom.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before dusting.
- To dust the cookies, add the powdered sugar to a large bowl. Drop the cookies in the sugar to coat, and then turn them over with a spoon to cover both sides.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.