Gluten Free Snickerdoodles
Makes about 30 cookies.
This recipe can also be made with jovial’s einkorn flour.
- 2¾ cups (330 g) Jovial No. 3 Gluten Free Pastry Flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (150g ) sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for dusting
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 12 tablespoons (170 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup (55 g) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, 1 separated
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons (25 g) of sugar and cinnamon.
- Use a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, ¾ cup (150 g) of sugar, and the brown sugar for 2 minutes, scraping the sides as you go. Add the egg and separated egg white and the vanilla. Beat on medium-low for 1 to 2 minutes until combined. Add flour mixture and beat on medium-low speed until the flour is incorporated. Refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Roll 1 heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball in your hands, then roll in the cinnamon sugar to dust completely. Place on the baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Refrigerate the remaining dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes until edges are golden and the center is soft but cooked through. Repeat with the second batch.
- Let cookies cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack until they have firmed up.