This recipe can also be made gluten free with jovial’s brown rice pasta
Einkorn Spaghetti with Pan-Roasted Cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- ½ medium onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Your choice of:
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Core the cauliflower and cut the head into bite-sized florets. In a large skillet, cook 3 tablespoons of oil with the cauliflower, onion, garlic, and salt on a medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Cover the skillet with a tight-fitting lid. If your lid is letting the steam out, remove the skillet from the heat and cover the skillet tightly with foil and place the lid on top of the foil for a tight fit. Cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Uncover the skillet and continue to cook the cauliflower uncovered, stirring frequently, on medium heat for 5 minutes until the cauliflower caramelizes to a light, golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and cover.
- In a large pot, bring 3 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt, or to taste.
- Cook pasta according to the instructions.
- Drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the skillet and toss with the cauliflower. Mix in the cheese and parsley.
- Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil and serve immediately.