Makes one 12 cup bundt cake
Einkorn Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
IngredientsFor the cake
- 8 tablespoons (113 g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup (225 g) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup (50 g) jovial Reserve Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground clove
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Your choice of jovial einkorn flour: 1¾ cups (210 g) jovial All-Purpose Einkorn Flour or 2 cups (192 g) jovial Whole Grain Einkorn Flour or 2¼ cups (189 g) jovial Sprouted Einkorn Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- 1 cup (120 g) powdered sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350F°. Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the butter, pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and cardamom.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add eggs and sugar to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a wire whip attachment. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes until thick and pale yellow.
- With a rubber spatula, fold a third of the flour into the egg mixture until almost completely absorbed, then fold in a third of the pumpkin mixture. Repeat this step two more times until all of the flour has been incorporated, being careful to scrape the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the cake.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert the cake onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and water.
- Place a piece of parchment under the wire rack. Drizzle the glaze over the cake. Transfer the cake to a serving platter and serve.
- As an alternative, you could dust the cake with ¼-cup (30 g) of powdered sugar combined with a pinch of cinnamon and ginger.
- The cake can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.