Einkorn Irish Soda Bread
- 4 cups (480grams) jovial all-purpose einkorn flour
- ½ cup (106 grams) sugar
- 2 tsp (8 grams) baking powder
- 1 tsp (6 grams) baking soda
- ¾ tsp (6 grams) salt
- 1 cup (130 grams) raisins
- 2 tsp (6 grams) caraway seeds
- 1 cup (227 grams) sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- Extra Einkorn flour for dusting top of loaf
- Butter or pan spray for preparing baking pan or cast iron skillet
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Butter a 9” round baking pan or cast iron skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins and caraway seeds.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and sour cream
- Stir in the liquid mixture into the dry mixture until flour is moistened.
- Using a wooden spoon or pastry spatula, knead the dough in the bowl until it begins to take form; about 10 to 12 turns. The dough will be sticky.
- Turn the dough out into the prepared pan and pat down flat.
- Score the top of the dough in an x shape with a sharp floured paring knife.
- Dust top of dough with flour.
- Place pan or skillet in the center rack of your oven and bake for 65 to 70 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow bread to cool for a few minutes. Turn bread out on a wire rack to finish cooling.